Arcanum Alloys is currently seeking a highly motivated Laboratory Technician to join our team in the development of new specialty alloys and processes for their production. The successful candidate will be responsible for executing experimental methods, maintaining lab-scale reactors, characterization of materials, and providing thoughtful input during technical review sessions. External training necessary to bolster technical skills necessary for success in this position will be provided, in addition to in-house, on-the-job training.
If interested, please include a one-page cover letter with your resume outlining experiences in which you have demonstrated the requirements listed below.
Additionally, as part of our hiring practice we use Predictive Index to evaluate how candidates fit within our company in the role they are applying for and with others that will be working with them. Please visit the following url to be considered for this role:
- Hands on in all areas of the lab production process with the experience and aptitude to observe and report when key process variables have changed un/expectedly
- Manage laboratory sample preparation and characterization workflow
- Operation and maintenance of lab scale reactors and associated control systems
- Operation of characterization equipment: SEM/EDS, OM, XRF, ATR-IR, particle size analyzer, rheometer, sample preparation (cutting, mounting, polishing)
- Interface with the research team to understand mechanisms underlying experimental results and communicate research needs
- Evaluate and characterize production material to support sales and product development
- High School Degree or GED equivalent
- Experience with laboratory bench work and metallographic characterization
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver consistent results
- Exhibit a high level of organization and effective time management skills
- A strong work ethic and collaborative attitude
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- An Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline
- Experience working in a laboratory or production setting, handling hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals
- Experience with atmospheric pressure chemical vapor deposition of metals
- Experience with thermal treatment of ferritic metals
- Experience with steel and other ferrous alloys, and their performance metrics/testing methods
- Experience operating, modifying, and maintaining lab scale reactors
Competitive Salary. Equity stock options. Employee health insurance.
About Arcanum Alloys
Arcanum Alloys, backed by Khosla Ventures, has developed platform technology to drive revolutionary performance & margins in numerous metal alloy markets. Our process allows surface properties to be decoupled from the bulk properties of metals, and excels in applications where post forming is required/beneficial. Our first products will transform the stainless steel industry. Our patented products utilize low carbon steel as a substrate and require standard steel coating and annealing equipment. Large manufacturing customers in the appliance, home, and architectural industries have demonstrated interest in our products. Our world-class team capitalizes on talent developed in the steel, semiconductor, and advanced materials industries. We have proven our technology at industrial scale and are currently ramping toward production.
Please visit the following url to be considered for this role:
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org